Sunday, August 17, 2008

Come and See


Come and See



Original Title: Idi i smotri Director: Elem Klimov Writer: Ales Adamovich Year: 1985 IMDB / Flixster / Amazon "and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see" - Revelation 6:1 Unlike most war films, Come and See doesn't really portray soldiers making war on soldiers. It portrays soldiers making war on civilians, in horrific, heartbreaking detail. read more
http://lurple.com/content/come-and-see

Bonus: Dr. Horribles Sing-Along Blog review



Caution: The songs contained in this 45 minute, 3 part, masterpiece will get stuck in your head. They will come with you to work, to school, and even to your dreams. How does this happen exactly? If I could answer that I would be a writer director myself instead of a part-time wannabe movie critic. The really amazing thing here is just how fantastic writer/director Joss Whedon really is. So much so that notable actors are willing to sign on for a 45 minute, 3 part, web release only, satirica
http://www.virtualinanity.com/?p=69

New Review: Wanted



New Review: Wanted Posted on August 2, 2008 by laidgp OK, I have to admit - I watch a ton of movies, and most are new releases. So I will probably be posting here quite a lot. That being said, I was very excited about Wanted from the moment I first heard about it. Ive never read the comic series the movie is based on, but I am a big fan of Mark Millars other works, and the premise sounded promising - who wouldnt love to escape their mundane, workaday lives and become part of something
http://oxfordfilmfreak.wordpress.com/2008/08/02/review-wanted/


More:



No comments: